/* */

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Thoughts on death.

Thoughts on death.


Death can strike suddenly, and you don’t have a chance to say goodbye. My father was age 56 when he died, and I am 56 as of this writing. So here are some thoughts.… Not suicidal, but curious about what happens next. Curious about what happens next, but conscious that there might not be such a thing as curiosity. Hopeful, optimistic, faithful that there is a heaven, a purgatory, and a hell, but I don’t pretend to know with certainty. Sensitive to the Christian faith, but also to other faiths. Ready for anything. If I fade to black, I will no longer have the joy of life, but I will no longer have the stresses either. We have no memory from before we were born. What if we are reincarnated into the same life, over and over again? That’s why it’s important to take heaven with you wherever you go, and to feel joy at least once in your life. And all the rest. Love to all, who have passed before me, and who will pass after me. May the light of truth shine brightly throughout eternity.

5 Comments:

At Wed Nov 08, 07:36:00 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best Tom. 'Hard to believe you dad's been gone for so long.

 
At Tue Apr 06, 08:41:00 AM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

One time, after attending church with my dad, I was wondering, why did you name me Thomas? What is this doubting Apostle Thomas all about? He said the Christian religion is based on doubt. I have thought a lot about that over the years. If we believe in the observable world, then it is difficult to believe in supernatural phenomena. It would take a miracle to be certain about Jesus. But if we are in the matrix, then anything is possible, and we might as well believe in Jesus. You know, err on the side of caution, don’t want to get this one wrong. Then a disturbing thought emerges. If we are in the matrix, even a miracle will not be enough to prove or disprove Jesus. We are back where we started. Faith must come from within. Err on the side of caution, don’t want to get this one wrong. Be good. Seek forgiveness. Christ is Risen. Happy Easter! ✝️☀️🙏🏻

 
At Wed Mar 29, 07:43:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Tom Cleland said...

What would I like people to say about me after I’m gone? “Tom would’ve wanted to keep following the science. Tom would’ve wanted to keep following the evidence.“

 
At Wed Mar 29, 07:49:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Tom Cleland said...

An innocent person believes in whatever the truth is. So if Jesus is true, then that’s what they believe in. If you don’t think that’s good enough, then you are badgering the person. I arrive at Jesus via the truth, not the other way around. Jesus said that He is the truth. I like to think of Jesus and the Holy Spirit as truth and justice.

 
At Mon Apr 03, 06:43:00 AM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

If there can be fake news today, there could be fake news in the time of Jesus. Even miracles could be covered up, perhaps partially.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home