/* */

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

2008 Christmas Blog Post

This year was productive in terms of doing everything in my power to impart what I feel is the best information there is.

It started with a January 5 forum for two of our presidential candidates. I was one of the organizers of the event, and served as their driver during their stay in Minnesota.

In July, I was a delegate to our national convention in Chicago, where we nominated the first ever all-women-of-color presidential ticket in history. While in Chicago I visited with my cousins, aunt and uncle, saw the sights, and used several different types of mass transit.

In August, I was the top petitioner in Minnesota for our presidential ticket, with 1,231 signatures. We were the first to file with the Secretary of State’s office.

On September 1, I protested the Republican National Convention, alongside our candidate for Vice President. I also served as one of the personal assistants for the candidate, and marched eight miles to the bridge collapse site. Also in September I fasted for the holy month of Ramadan, though not as strictly as the Muslims do, but pretty close.

In October and early November I continued volunteering for Farheen Hakeem for state representative, door-knocking, lit-dropping, and putting up lawn signs. Farheen got 30%, which is good for a Green, especially considering they brought in Al Franken and John Conyers, 20 paid canvassers, and up to 400 Obama volunteers.

Since the election I’ve been making predictions as chronicled on this blog. My tentative plan for 2009 is to concentrate on myself, though there are some city council races that merit attention.

Spencer continues his banquet and cruise line catering duties as he makes plans for post high school education. I look forward to seeing him tomorrow for Christmas Day.

Peace,
Tom
2007 Christmas Blog Post

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 30, 12:10:00 PM CST, Blogger Sheryl said...

Wow, sounds like a very active year! Glad to hear things are going well. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home