/* */

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Force the nuclear option

Samuel Alito can’t be trusted to join the Supreme Court. Either he lied on his resume or he lied about his racist and sexist past. He’s not answering the questions on abortion, on privacy, on torture. Most chillingly, he supports a presidential power to nullify any law simply by making a signing statement. This is the equivalent of a little boy who lies but thinks it’s ok because he’s got his fingers crossed.

If ever there was a time to filibuster, this is it. Let the Republicans use the "nuclear option" and outlaw the filibuster. It will show how undemocratic they are. But don’t back down this time. Don’t be fooled by a lying obfuscater and his snivelling wife.

3 Comments:

At Sat Jan 14, 03:25:00 PM CST, Blogger Sheryl said...

You signed the petition I posted on my blog, right? I think you told me you had. Wouldn't hurt to call up your Senator's local office too, Tom.

Did you hear that one of my republican Senators from Texas accidentally called him Scalito in the hearing. Hahahahaha. Shows that even the Republicans know he's a fraud.

Hugs,

Sheryl

 
At Sat Jan 14, 03:44:00 PM CST, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

Yes, that's the same link I posted Halloween day. I also emailed Dayton.

 
At Mon Jan 16, 04:56:00 AM CST, Blogger Sheryl said...

Coolness. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home