/* */

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Jim Harper, 1930-2020

 


May 13, 1930 to October 20, 2020.

We didn’t see Jim too often because he lived in Alaska and then Washington State, but when we did, it was always good conversation.


When my father died in 1982, Uncle Jim took us out for dinner, and I remember that outing helped me begin to heal. 


Shortly after that, Uncle Jim suggested I go into computers, that they were the next big thing, and he was right. I took his advice and still use those skills today.


We visited Uncle Jim and Aunt Bev in 2000, and they were very helpful with the logistics for our side trips to Hurricane Ridge, Victoria B.C., Mount Rainier, and Seattle. It was good to see cousins Doug and Robert.


Jim rounded out the genealogy for my Mom’s side of the family, with documents written by him and others.


In his later years, he sent out emails with a lot of jokes. 


In 2011 Jim helped me make arrangements to visit cousin Brian in Alaska.


Jim had a warm personality and a good sense of humor. He will be missed.

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 22, 07:32:00 AM CDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Tom for your kind remembrances. It was always exciting when Jim came to town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home