/* */

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nader run has people talking Green!

I called Bill Press's national show this morning and I'm pretty sure they aired everything I said before he had to cut to commercial. The topic was Nader. It went something like this:

"What you're missing is that on single payer, nuclear power, depleted uranium, Obama, Clinton, and McCain are all corporatists. On the illegal wiretapping, military commissions, Kyl-Lieberman, the corporate parties have let us down. In addition to Nader, on gp.org, our candidates, Cynthia McKinney, Kat Swift, Jesse Johnson, Kent Mesplay are fighting back. What you're suggesting is a false choice. In 2000 I was voting for something, and I was voting against something after Bill Clinton used nuclear weapons, depleted uranium, in Yugoslavia. I won't vote for corporatists."

Then Press said something like, "Well then you'll elect John McCain," and cut to commercial.

Tom Cleland

3 Comments:

At Wed Feb 27, 06:21:00 AM CST, Blogger Ex-Mama said...

Hi Tom,

I loved your comment on air!

I am a writer/speaker with a focus on the subject of Depleted Uranium. I wrote to Nader's people, told them I will work for them for free if - if - and only IF Nader is willing to include in his platform the demand for this genocidal Dept of War to put an end to the nuking of the US citizens and the rest of the world with our toxic, radioactive Depleted Uranium munitions poison gas that's contaminating our country and the planet - for a literal eternity.

It's been a week and so far, Nader's people have not yet responded.

What I want to know is, if he knows he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in DC (hell is colder than that place) of getting elected? Why not use his celebrity to make some necessary points?

Cathy Garger
www.mytown.ca/garger

 
At Wed Feb 27, 10:35:00 PM CST, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

He gets more media coverage if he runs. Running against the corporate parties is the right thing to do. I hope you get the answers you're looking for. I recall McKinney's literature mentioning DU.

 
At Sat Mar 01, 03:49:00 PM CST, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

Cathy, my Nader contact says to refer you to www.votenader.org where you can post comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home