/* */

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

May Day Parade and Green Expo

Had a great time again this year at the May Day Parade. Corey has some pictures over on his blog. I got a kick out of the mock shoppers, stilt-walkers, and larger-than-life puppets. This year’s parade also had a solemn procession of banners listing the Iraqi war dead that stretched sadly on and on.

My friend Phil and I also attended the Green Expo that morning. I especially liked the free organic food samples. I also learned that you can sign up for classes in pre-industrial skills like blacksmithing and plowing with oxen. Heaven forbid we would need such skills, but if present trends continue, I can’t see how we won’t.

They also had a battery and pedal-powered car, but the guy said it was high-maintenance and not very practical. Looks cool, though.

1 Comments:

At Wed May 04, 12:43:00 AM CDT, Blogger Sheryl said...

Kind of like those large tricycles they use in China, except this one requires a battery. X-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home