/* */

Friday, August 30, 2013

5-mile radius


"Anyone within a 5-mile radius of Assad should evacuate."

That's the statement I would issue if everything could be verified. If the concept of policing is good, and the policing is good, then yes, I would want the world to have policemen.

However, if this geopolitical jockeying for the economic power of the few, then of course it is not morally justified.

I think the U.S. has a bunch of secret weapons like neutron bombs, biological and chemical weapons, insect drones, lasers, electromagnetic pulse, stealth armor, micro-cameras and tracking. If it is morally justified and verified, this is the time to use one of them.

I would not want to take innocent lives, as Obama has shown he is willing to do with drones in Pakistan. Any action should be targeted toward whoever decided to use chemical weapons. And other weapons, as far as I'm concerned.

One way to avoid the taking of life might be to announce precisely where you're going to strike, at headquarters, etc. It has to be a tough decision no matter what.

5 Comments:

At Tue Sep 03, 09:42:00 PM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

So to make informed decisions, the public will need to know what secret weapons we have. To me it sounds like chess where the object of the game is to get the king. McCain will say anything, but if he's right about this, then there's a precedent for tipping the balance in a civil war, using air strikes, in Yugoslavia 1999, with minimal loss of U.S. life.

 
At Fri Sep 06, 09:07:00 AM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

Maybe the public would approve an Assadsination.

 
At Fri Sep 06, 10:03:00 AM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

Remember what happened when Spiderman let the bad guy get away. It's as if we're being tested. False flags are also a possibility.

 
At Mon Sep 09, 06:08:00 AM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

Marilyn Cleland suggests they offer a bounty for the head of Assad.

 
At Tue Sep 10, 09:48:00 PM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

I watched the President's speech, and I feel mostly in agreement with him on this, which will put me at odds with most of my Green colleagues. I am now ready for the administration to go into more detail about the evidence, so the average person could tie things back to trusted sources. I was also hoping he would say there's a way to wipe out the bad guys without taking any innocent people with them.

My only problem with the Vladimir Poontang plan is that Assad has been lying from the start. Assad is soft-spoken, educated, and fluent in English, but I don't trust him based on how this story has unfolded over the past two years. I remember video of the peaceful Arab Spring protests fired on by the Syrian military.

On the eve of 9/11, one scenario that troubles me is if the military industrial complex really wants to go forward with a strike, despite broad opposition from the public. They might be tempted to launch a false flag attack on the U.S. and blame it on the Syrians. But on that I'm probably wrong and I hope I'm wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home