/* */

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Great Escape



This is from the YouTube video "Minneapolis Mayor's Aide Sticks His Neck Out" -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkc68JhB0k. Along the very top of the frame, right of center, is Sherman Patterson, aide to Mayor Rybak, leading Johnny Northside to the council office door, further left. I am in the front row, just beyond the public's microphone, obscured by the lettering. If I had known sheriff's deputies were waiting in the lobby, and if I had stood up and turned to the right one second sooner, I might have noticed the Great Escape.

In the Facebook version, I tagged it with the names of some of those present, including Michael Cavlan, Dave Bicking, and members of the council, though many of us are obscured: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30919748&l=bb59cfbd38&id=1499503332.

3 Comments:

At Mon Mar 15, 09:48:00 AM CDT, Blogger Johnny Northside said...

And your point is?

My neighborhood is suffering from having Level Three sex offenders dumped into it, in concentrations which appear to be contrary to a state statute. One of those sex offenders has filed a piece of anti-social gibberish suing EVERYBODY, not just me but a neighborhood organization, two cops, residents of the neighborhood, the Commander of the Fourth Precinct, a law firm and the lawyer for a neighborhood organization...

Tom, do you have some intention of addressing THAT? You already said once the Great Escape threw you off message. You are still off message.

 
At Tue Mar 16, 08:00:00 PM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

I took some time to revisit this after there was nothing more I could do to influence the outcome of the Dolan vote. I still want to know, did you violate Peter Rickmyer's civil liberties? It sounds to me like the only way you'll be able to prove his lawsuit is frivolous is to show up in court!

That said, though I'm busy working on other causes, I have no quarrel with people fighting sex crimes and related problems, as long as they work within the confines of the law.

I will say that I am disgusted by the recently publicized pedophilia by pervert priests in Germany, which may implicate even the pope himself. And after reading "Christ in Egypt" I am becoming increasingly distrustful of organized Christian religion.

I have also just responded to your other comment Johnny over on my earlier post, "Gordon votes against Dolan."

 
At Wed Mar 17, 06:14:00 PM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

Ok, this Rickmyer guy sounds like bad news:

http://www.citypages.com/2010-03-17/news/peter-rickmyer-northside-gadfly-or-real-pain-in-the-ass/)does

Still, sooner or later you'll probably have to show up in court, Johnny. Maybe I can take off some of the heat by taunting Spanky Pete the Pedophile right here on this blog. Then I'll appear with you before the magistrate, and we'll begin the long legal process of preventing future frivolous lawsuits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home