/* */

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Clinton and H.W. Bush

Knowing how bad the Republicans are, I would not be part of a joint appearance with a former president of that party. For the sake of the tsunami victims, I would be part of the ad campaign, but I would not sit shoulder-to-shoulder with George H. W. Bush. If I were in Congress, I would not applaud the president when he arrived for the State of the Union speech, and I certainly would not stand. I would only applaud those things I agreed with, and then only quietly. If I were particularly upset, I would turn my back to the president as a sign of utter contempt!

3 Comments:

At Fri Jan 28, 12:28:00 AM CST, Blogger gecko said...

Gee, maybe some things transend politics...then again, I believe Clinton wants to be the next UN Secretary. Didn't "W" endorse him for the spot?

 
At Fri Jan 28, 12:29:00 AM CST, Blogger gecko said...

Oh, and it's about time that you started posting more often :-)

 
At Mon Mar 14, 07:37:00 PM CST, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

Clinton and G.H.W. Bush also have a radio ad. Is it just me, or does it sound like Clinton wants you to give to a “refutable” charity instead of a “reputable” one? Maybe I’m just hypersensitive to Clintonspeak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home