/* */

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wear your helmet!

With warmer weather, more people are riding bicycles and motorcycles. While these vehicles reduce our carbon footprint, they also make us more vulnerable. A helmet is the most significant factor that will help ensure you survive a motorcycle crash, reducing your risk by 37%.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Motorcycle-Helmets-Can-Save-Your-Life&id=1007660
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809861.PDF

Jesse Ventura said you can’t legislate stupidity. That may be true, but you can legislate against it, and we can all try to be safer and learn from our mistakes. I had three bicycle accidents last year. Number one, my front wheel got caught in a crack in the pavement. Number two, I rounded a corner too fast and landed on somebody’s lawn. Number three, I stood to pedal uphill and the gear slipped. On that last one I could feel my helmet hit the pavement. My bike and I are getting old. I biked to work today, 6 miles each way, but no guarantees. I take it day by day.

Your brain is your precious center of intellect, creativity, motion, emotion, and spirituality. Please protect it with a helmet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home