/* */

Sunday, January 18, 2004

PRT!

Last night at a Green Party concert I spoke with Dean Zimmerman, Green Party City Council member in Minneapolis. He's been promoting a proposal for Personal Rapid Transit, and brought a laptop with a slideshow of it, along with a map of proposed stations. He said the council voted Friday to look into a feasibility study of PRT. The council has two Greens and the rest are mostly progressive Democrats, as is Mayor R.T. Rybak. Here's a link on the resolution:

http://www.cprt.org/news.htm

2 Comments:

At Tue Oct 26, 11:59:00 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not related, but I saw an article in the MPLS Star Tribune: "New Inquiry into Wellstone death urged".
Professor James Petzer, author of "American Assasination: The Strange Death of Paul Wellstone", called on Congress Monday to investigate the death of Sen. Wellstone, who Petzer believes was the target of a White House plot. Petzer acknowledged that the request "has more symbolic significance than practical significance".

 
At Tue Oct 26, 02:05:00 PM CDT, Blogger Tom Cleland said...

Yesterday, in honor of the second anniversary of the Wellstone tragedy, I wore my Wellstone T-shirt, inside-out because I was at work. Then turned it right-side out when I got home, for our family dinner.

I am certainly distrustful of the Bush administration, but I don't think we'll ever know the precise cause of the plane crash. I'm open to new information, but in the meantime, my faith keeps me calm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home